Tuesday 19 October 2010

Knit knit knit


We can sew, we can design, we can cook, we can be lovely creatures sometimes, BUT we can't knit. Now as winter is coming up and I came upon an article about Wool and the Gang I started wondering:

Almost everyday I'm wearing this scarf, made by one of my aunts Ria, not for me, but about 30 years ago for my mom. I remember her wearing it at a summer evening garden party.

Do I want to be able to make these wonderful creations myself, Yes! I do, but do I have the time to actually learn it, hmmmm, No! So maybe next summer spend my time knitting in Bali?

Something like this extremely large scarf, that must be possible. A bit less large otherwise I'll be falling flat on my face every time I would be wearing it, or when wrapped many times around my neck you would see a huge pile of wool wandering around the streets. 

Anyway, have a look at the shop of Wool and the Gang 'cause they make you want to knit.

My photo
A brand born from the creative minds of two friends, Joyce & Monique. Sharing their imagination, using the old, mixing it with the new, creating a product which is sweet 'lief' & good 'goed'. Sweet in the sense you want it, good in the sense: good for the environment. This blog is about what inspires us, things we love & updates. Thanks for coming around. *********************************************************************** What else? Well Joyce is married, having two small childeren, and one large one, a cat, has her own palmistry practice. Hates cooking but realizes its a necessity having a family. Vegetarian. Loves Bali & can't wait to move there permanently. Monique has two dogs and two chicken who refuse to do their job. Works at a financial advising agency. Is dieing to come back to Amsterdam. Drives a very cool cabrio, adores the sun and long walks on the beach. Likes gardening (minus the worms). She does like cooking (that's why she picks the recipes). Loves Pearl Jam, but Joyce refuses to have that on the blog.